This week we’re talking to Drmurderface666. Let’s get into it.
1. Let’s start with your name. That’s an in-your-face moniker; how’d you choose it?
Well, “Murderface” has been a name I used for gaming and social media for so long, since middle school/high school. It’s a reference to one of my favorite shows when I was younger, ‘Metalocolypse’ on Adult Swim. When I first started watching Twitch and hanging out in chats, my name was “Dmurderface”, D being my first initial. When I first discovered the streamer, BoxyFresh, he wouldn’t stop calling me Dr. Murderface. Every single time I went into chat, it was “Hey drmurderface, how’s it going? Good morning”. It stuck with me, so I changed my name.
2. How long have you been gaming? Is it a lifelong passion or hobby of yours?
I’ve been gaming since I was a kid. I got my first console when I was 6, and it just went from there. It started out as a hobby for sure, but as I’m getting more and more invested into my stream and my community, it’s becoming a passion.
3. How long have you been streaming? What made you decide to begin streaming?
I started streaming in November of 2019. I really enjoy watching Twitch, one day I just thought to myself, “I have the personality to do something like that”, so on a whim, I downloaded SLOBS and gave it a shot! It’s worked out a lot better than I anticipated.
4. You main Sea of Thieves. What brought you to this title? Have you played since launch? What keeps you coming back?
My husband watched Summit and Pace play SoT a lot and that’s how he got into it, then I started watching him play and wanted to try it out. He got me an Xbox and we started playing together. We haven’t been playing since launch, but we’ve been playing for a while, since around Christmas of 2018, and I’ve been in love with it ever since. I feel like as long as SoT is around, I’ll be playing it.
5. Are there any other games that you play or have played on your stream?
I play a lot of different games on stream, some of them being The Forest, Skyrim, Fall Out New Vegas, Fall Out 4, Animal Crossing even. I’ll basically stream whatever I feel like playing.
6. Malice (Enticethemalice_) describes you as aggressive and competitive. True?
This is VERY true, especially when it comes to Sea Of Thieves. I talk a lot of crap, even if I’m losing. So “aggressive” is a great word to describe me with when it comes to gaming, but anyone who knows me outside of gaming knows I’m the complete opposite.
7. Speaking of Malice, lately you’ve been teamed up with him and BlaBlaBritney. Can you tell us how you all met and what led to the formation of this team?
Malice is a funny story, he was playing with Pace and them, and I stole their Athena chest literally right after I made a joke about them coming to steal the Fort of the Damned that I was tucking on. THEN IT REALLY HAPPENED!
I didn’t even believe it was them till everyone from Pace’s chat came to mine trying to find out what happened to the Athena. Malice ended up messaging me on Twitter to play sometime, and we just took off from there.
I knew BlaBlaBritney from the twitch world, of course everyone knows she’s Pace’s mod, and an amazing streamer herself. So I was super honored and excited when she randomly came in my chat one day and followed me. We’ve talked about crewing up before but never did till she and Malice started crewing. I’m so happy to be included in their crew cause us ladies really SLAY OUT on the seas. Let’s be honest, there is nothing more triggering to some on the seas than getting rekt by two badass females.
8. You’re very focused on PVP and salt mining, but I’d say another thing that characterizes your game is your wickedly funny taunts. Care to comment?
I’m a shit-talker, always have been and always will be. That’s just my style, they call me “so toxic”.
9. On that note, you’ve also used technology to terrorize your opponents or to create humorous moments. I’m thinking of your GoXLR deck…
The GoXLR is amazing, as much as I love letting my opponents know they just got their ass kicked by a girl, I looooove yelling at people in a spooky demon voice!
10. It’s not a secret to anyone in your chat that you’re a mom. Anything you want to share here? Funny tales? Dealing with sudden NSFW/NSF little ears content? Advice to other parents who stream?
My daughter, “lil Doc” Loves to tell jokes to my chat, she’s 4 and quite humorous. I just can’t wait for her to get a bit older so she can join in on the gaming! Luckily, she doesn’t hear much when I’m streaming, but when I’m watching other streams it’s a different story. I try my best to keep the NSFW content out of her ears, but it happens sometimes, she knows that some words are for grown-ups so that’s good.
I guess my advice would be not to stress if your kids want to join in on the fun; if your community really is there for you, they won’t mind the kiddos.
11. At this point you might expect the usual question about women on Twitch or women gamers, but let’s flip the script: do you have any advice for men that come up against you? Because most of the time you dumpster them.
The majority of men don’t need to hear this, but some do so I’ll say this-
Don’t be a salty asshole if you get beat by a woman, and DON’T cross the line! It’s happened to me more times than I can count on the seas. It just seems to be ego-crushing for some dudes to lose to a girl in a video game. Ya’ll, it’s 2020, women are good at games too.
12. Any goals for your stream that you’re aiming for? For example, do you have an eye on partner status? Is being a full-time streamer a goal?
My main goal is to just have fun, meet new people, and enjoy gaming. If it turns into more, that’s fantastic, but it’s not the goal right now.
13. Any advice for other streamers? Is there anything you’ve learned that you wish you knew when you first started streaming?
Just have fun! Don’t care or even look at numbers, cause the more you obsess over numbers, the less fun you’ll have.
14. Finally, is there anything else we should know about you or your stream?
I’m a fun person, and I like my stream to be as fun as possible. I love to make people laugh. I might be “toxic” on the seas, but come by my stream and you’re treated just like family.
Be sure to follow DrMurderface on her official Twitch Channel here.
Do you have a story you would like us to check out? Let us know about here.